Offshore Energy
  • news
  • test
JobsNewsletter
Offshore Energy logo

© 2026 Navingo. All rights reserved.

Home›News›Saipem bags $700M in offshore contracts in Guyana and Congo
News

August 21, 2018 · about 8 years ago

Saipem bags $700M in offshore contracts in Guyana and Congo

Italian oilfield services contractor Saipem has been awarded contracts for the second phase of the ExxonMobil led Liza field development offshore Guyana worth $700 million.

2 minutes read
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • Email

Italian oilfield services contractor Saipem has been awarded contracts for the second phase of the ExxonMobil led Liza field development offshore Guyana. It has also won an offshore work contract in Congo.

Once the Liza 2 has been sanctioned, Saipem will then perform detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and installation of the risers, flowlines, and associated structures and jumpers. Saipem will also transport and install umbilicals, manifolds, and associated foundations for the production, and water and gas injection systems.

Stefano Cao , Saipem CEO, said: “For Saipem, this award is significant and strategic, and consistently supports our aim to consolidate our leading position in the offshore Subsea Flowlines Umbilicals and Risers (SURF) market. It also consolidates our relations with an important client such as ExxonMobil and allows us to contribute safely to the development of Guyana’s significant hydrocarbon resources. Finally, this project is expected to involve the recently acquired vessel Constellation which, together with the FDS2, will ensure an offshore execution campaign to achieve first oil by 2022”.

Apart from the Liza 2 contract, Saipem on Tuesday said its subsidiary Boscongo SA had been awarded a new Offshore E&C contract in the Republic of Congo for an MMO (Maintenance, Modifications & Operations) project in relation to the Centrale Electrique du Congo, which covers over half of the country’s electricity supply.

The scope of work includes the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning, as well as the start-up and performance tests for the project, the purpose of which is to expand the capacity of the open cycle power plant located 15 km to the southeast of Pointe Noire, in proximity to Saipem’s yard which will provide the necessary support to the project activities. Output will be brought from the present 300 MW to 450 MW.

The overall value of the two contracts is approximately $700 million.

Reach the Offshore Energy industry in one go!

Offshore Energy is read by thousands of professionals every day.

Increase your visibility with banners, tell your story with a branded article, and showcase your expertise with a full-page company profile in our business directory.

CONTACT

Follow Offshore Energy on:

Filed under

News

Home of Energy Transition

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Trending Now

  1. 1ADES jack-up rig pair lines up drilling jobs in Nigerian and UK waters
  2. 2Odfjell Drilling’s rig remaining with Norwegian oil & gas operator for another year
  3. 3Karoon boosts Brazilian field’s oil output with all wells now online
  4. 4TotalEnergies offloading Mexican shallow water block to Grupo Carso

Home of Energy Transition

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Subscribe free